Sunday, April 12, 2015

Welcome Home.

I remember dropping him off at the airport.
I gave him one last hug and told him I loved him.
In that moment, two years seemed like a lifetime to wait.

But as he made it to the bottom of the escalator and dropped his bags to run and give me a hug, it was as if those two years had flown by.
He held me tight and through each of our tears we spoke our first words in over two years.

I can't describe the feelings of seeing one of your best friends again after two years apart, but it's wonderful.

All I can is,
I missed you Zack.

I missed your smile.
Your refusal to take a normal picture.
Your contagious laugh.
I've missed your enthusiastic love of life.
I've missed our talks.
Really, I missed everything about you.

I am so excited for you to be home again.
And I am so grateful for you and for you dedication to the Lord these last two years.
Your obedience and hard work was a blessing to me, and I can't thank you enough.

I love you Zack.
Welcome home.

Love always,
Samantha Dru





No comments:

Post a Comment