Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas!
Christmas has always been my favorite holiday, much like every other child in the world.
And as I grew older, my favorite holiday stayed the same, though the reasons I love it changed.
When I was a little girl, I loved the toys, I loved being with my cousins and family I only see once a year.
I loved the candy canes and hot chocolate, and I loved every cartoon Christmas movie that came on TV.
As I grew older, the toys and gifts became less significant, and the true meaning of Christmas is what made the day truly special.
Gifts became fewer and fewer, yet the day became more and more anticipated.
I look forward to quality time with my family.
I look forward to smiling strangers and kind deeds.
I love the good old traditions and wonderful company.
I count down to when I talk to my missionaries.
And most of all, I love what the 25th of December is set apart to celebrate.
The birth of Christ.
My Savior and Redeemer,
Brother and Friend.
What a truly miraculous day.
The Savior of the world,
The man who would eventually give up His own life to save me,
To save all of us,
Is born.
And this is why I love Christmas.
Because I owe everything I am and have, and more, to Christ, and setting apart one day in my busy life to celebrate Him, is truly an honor.
I love my Savior.
I know He lives.
And I am so happy to celebrate Him today.
Merry Christmas!



Sincerely,
Samantha Dru






No comments:

Post a Comment