Monday, March 24, 2014

Worth the Wait.

"Do you ever wish you had a sister?"
In the last 17+ years I have heard that question countless times.
And I always answered the same way,
"No, because I have the three best brothers in the world. And girls are too much drama."
That's how I replied every single time.
And it was the truth.
I never felt like I missed out on anything.
I still played with dolls and I still wore hand-me-downs (Thanks to my mother I looked like a boy until I was 4 years old and threw tantrums if I was in anything but a dress).
And truthfully, why would I feel like I was missing out when I had the three most wonderful and amazing brothers in the world?
We had the best times together.
I did things that no girl with sisters ever did, I assure you.
I went repelling off my banister.
I fought in chicken fights,
I dominated in spit wad wars.
I knew how to wrestle (even though a size advantage was never on my side).
I can quote the scout law and the scout oath, and tie all the important knots.
I am pro at assisting in the building of the most technical pinewood derby cars you ever did see.
I'm not afraid of getting dirty, and I love rough-housing.
I'm my daddy's little girl, and as everyone loves to point out, I've had him wrapped around my finger since day 1.
And I grew up with 3 brothers who have always protected me and don't tolerate anyone besides themselves messing with their little sister. 
So again, no, I never felt bad about not having a sister.

But now, in just 88 short days, I'm going to have a sister.
And I can't even explain my excitement!
I've known her for over 5 years, and she's changed my life.
She's inspired me to become a better person.
She's taught me to become more Christlike in all I do.
And every year since I've met her, one of my New Years resolutions has to "become more like Janene."
I've secretly wanted her to be my sister since the day I met her.
And now its happening!
And I couldn't be happier!
I'm getting the best sister in the world.
Heavenly Father knew that one day I'd need a sister.
And He's blessed me with the best sister I could ask for.
And let me tell you, it was more then worth the wait.

I love you Janene!
And I can't wait to be your sister(:


Sincerely,
Samantha Dru


No comments:

Post a Comment