Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Happy Birthday Dad(:

Happy Birthday Dad!
You're not to usual dad,
Let's be honest, you're sort of a nut,
But I love you so, so much!

You stand with me at the top of cliffs when I'm too scared to jump.
And you're always there to help me look on the bright side.
You always offer me a bite of what you're eating, even though I'm allergic.
You try so hard to make jokes, and blame it on your "superior intellect" when no one laughs.
And you always make me get back out of the car when I open my own door.
You also seem to have nearly 100 nicknames for me, and now I usually just answer to anything.
You hug me tight when I cry for absolutely no reason.
And you really have just been the best dad I could ever have asked for.

Even though I don't deserve it in the least,
Your love for me seems unconditional.

You're truly one of the most genuine, 
Kind, 
Smart,
Hard working,
Happy,
Loving,
And inspiring people I know.

I love you.
And if I never get married, I may have to blame you.
Because after watching you be the most amazing friend, husband, and father,
I have what seem to many, completely unreasonable expectations.

Happy Birthday Dad(:


Sincerely,
Samantha Dru





No comments:

Post a Comment