Thursday, December 18, 2014

I made it.

I made it.
I survived my first semester of college.
I would most definitely call that a success.

I moved in with five girls.
Clothes went missing.
I was constantly out of food.
There were tears.
And meltdowns.
And a lot of inside jokes created.

I bought and wore a BYU shirt.
I went to a BYU football game...
And I even cheered for the Cougars (not my proudest moment).

I made it to all my 7 am classes.
And only missed a couple others.
And I realized that unlike high school, college takes some work.

I screamed at a poor, innocent and very handsome jogger.
I also may have kissed an unknown (but adorable) boy on the side of the road.
And other than that had a completely nonexistent love-life.

I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning far too many times.
And I was usually running on 3-4 hours of sleep.
But don't worry, somehow I managed to never fall asleep in class.

I learned a lot,
And it was hard,
Exhausting,
Unexpected,
And absolutely the best 5 months ever!

I made it.

Sincerely,
Samantha Dru



No comments:

Post a Comment