Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Speak.

20,000.
On average, that's how many words humans speak per day.
When I first heard this, that seemed like a lot of words,
But then I realized it doesn't take many words to lift someone up,
To help heal a wounded heart,
To make someone feel loved, appreciated,
To make someone feel worth it.
But just the same, it doesn't take many words to tear someone down,
To hurt another,
To wound or to destroy.

What words do I speak?
Do I speak words that spreads positivity and joy?
Do I speak words that make others feel loved, needed, and appreciated?
Do my words give comfort, healing, and strength?
Do I use words that share truth?

There may be a lot of things in life that are completely out of my control, but I choose every word that comes out of my mouth.
And if I get to choose the words I speak, I will choose to speak words that make the world a better place.

I will speak.
Speak love.
Speak comfort.
Speak strength.
Speak healing.
Speak goodness.
Speak truth.


Sincerely,
Samantha Dru

No comments:

Post a Comment